Effective Thursday, February 27th at 10:00PM the Chief Firearms Officers reclassified the Swiss Arms Classic Green carbine from non-restricted to prohibited status. There are approximately 1,000-1,800 of these firearms owned in the public.Â
The unjust confiscation of firearms is an atrocious crime against the rights of law-abiding gun owners and Canadian citizens.
The decision was made by these bureaucrats, not the Conservative government. The Minister has already ordered a moratorium on the seizure of guns, but he needs to do more.
To the House of Commons, in Parliament assembled: we ask that the following actions be taken:
- Rescind the decision to reclassify the Swiss Arms Classic Green carbine from non-restricted to prohibited status
- Decriminalize firearms possession by eliminating S. 91, and 92 of the Criminal Code.
- Extensively modify and eliminate prohibited and restricted classes, including rescinding of arbitrary clauses on barrel length and caliber that classify firearms, and regulations affecting magazines.
- Eliminate punitive safe storage and transport requirements.
- Eliminate Chief Firearms Officers and rescind F.A. Section 58.1
---------- End Petition ----------
* Rob understands the situation with the unjustifiable reclassification of the CZ-858 rifle. However, when this petition was created this was not included because it was not yet announced. This petition covers reforming the entire system and Rob is also advocating to reverse the decision to reclassify the CZ-858.