The sectionals or the love seat is probably one of the most common names and styles you have heard about a sofa. However, not everyone is familiar with the weird names and terms of the sofa. If you are thinking about adding the furniture into your home, educate yourself about the various different types so you won’t be making any expensive mistakes in choosing the right one. Many of the top rated best sofa bed reviews might have introduced you with stylish sofa types, still here are few more you should know.
The Unique Sofa Type Names
Have you ever heard these names before?
- The club sofa. Also known as the English sofa, this one has a deep seating cushion with rolled back feature. It usually has rounded arms so the sofa still retains the classic design. Such sofa is perfect for style as well as comfort.
- The camelback. This one is pretty formal. It has exposed wooden legs, gentle scrolling arms, and a humped tight back with arches in the middle. That’s why it is called the camelback. This one was very popular in the 18th century and it is now considered as the classic type of sofa with timeless design. This sofa has a feminine design so it will look great in the entrance hall. If you have a spacious dressing room, you can put this instead of the chaise lounge. It will definitely look great there. This sofa is best for the formal look without compromising the soft feature.
- The chesterfield. It is most commonly associated with Oxbridge common room or the old-school drawing room because of the unique iconic feature. The upholstery is generally in brown leather with tufted design and scrolling arms. It has exposed feet and deep seat. The main characteristic is the quilted look and elegant curved lines that make it timeless. It is versatile, perfect for the living room, the main entrance hall, or the dressing room.
- The Knole sofa. The design was taken back to the 17th century so it was pretty old and classic. It has high and straight back with angled and adjustable arms. The arms can be moved or opened so it can have a laid-back look. But they can also be moved and kept in an upright position to prevent drafts. The Knole sofa is perfect as a fashion statement sofa – thanks to the softy lowered lines and the fixed back and arms.
- The Tuxedo sofa. It is a modern option for those wanting to deliver a more contemporary look to their house. It is often used as the alternative for the Chesterfield. This sofa has a unique arm design whose height is level to the backside. A lot of homeowners use this sofa to read and simply relax. A contemporary look and a comfy ambiance can be delivered from this type of sofa. Care to try?